ROVELLOTTI Viticoltori in Ghemme
Vineyard hectares
ROVELLOTTI Viticoltori in Ghemme
Bottles in 2017
ROVELLOTTI Viticoltori in Ghemme
ROVELLOTTI Viticoltori in Ghemme
Years of history

The Rovellotti winery is a family-led business that has been devoted to winemaking for more than six-hundred years, following rules and methods handed down from old tradition but combined with a modern approach, that finds in both sustainability and technological innovation a solid continuity.

Rovellotti aims to be one of the most important wine-producing enterprises in Northern Piedmont and focuses its efforts in order to represent on both domestic and international markets this territory and its production. Target of the company is to increase its export percentage in the key north European markets of the Netherlands, Denmark, United Kingdom and Sweden. It also intends to promote territory protection policies, to be shared with all the producers of the region.

Rovellotti is nowadays a benchmark for the production of wine under D.O.C.G. and D.O.C. certifications, fully committed to both wine quality and respect for the characteristics and peculiarities of the grapes. The target market is composed of informed, careful and curious consumers and goal of the company is to give them full satisfaction, meeting with each product their highest expectations.

Respect for tradition and territory, together with sustainability and a wise use of technology, drive each of the company’s activities.

Rovellotti’s overall strategy follows a model that favours researching and maintaining wine quality without pursuing quantity at all costs. Currently investing in improving its communication and developing the ties with its customers and business partners, the company aims to establish itself as a point of reference in the industry within the next five years.

  • Ghemme D.O.C.G. Riserva Costa del Salmino
  • Ghemme D.O.C.G. Chioso dei Pomi
  • Colline Novaresi D.O.C. Nebbiolo Valplazza
  • Colline Novaresi D.O.C. Morenico
  • Colline Novaresi D.O.C. Vespolina Ronco al Maso
  • Colline Novaresi D.O.C. Bonarda La Paganella
  • Colline Novaresi D.O.C. Nebbiolo Valplazza Rosato
  • Colline Novaresi D.O.C. Bianco Vitigno Innominabile Il Criccone
  • Metodo Classico Zero Dosage da Vitigno Innominabile
  • Passito da uve stramature Vitigno Innominabile Valdenrico
  • Grappa di Nebbiolo Invecchiata – Grappa di Nebbiolo

Unique to Northern Piedmont, thanks to the peculiar morphology of the area, is the presence of soil originating from morainic, fluvial and volcanic activity. This uniqueness makes the local production quite varied in complexity, harmony and elegance when compared to the one of the Langhe, in the area of Barolo, Roero and Barbaresco; this is especially true for Nebbiolo wines. Currently another decisive factor are the much more affordable prices in comparison to those of Southern Piedmont.

60% of Rovellotti’s production is absorbed by the domestic market and the remaining 40% is split between the markets of U.S. – Switzerland – Russia – Finland – Norway.
The business model concerning Italy is entirely based upon sales via the HoReCa trade channel, while in other countries an “On Trade” model is followed, through a commercial network of wine importers and dealers.

A history of people, since 1972


Completion of the last Valdenrico Baraggiole vineyard.


The 8-hectare vineyard of new Monte Cavallo-Mareschi is planted.


Purchase of the Tarlo cellar in the Recetto


Our first victory of the Calice d’Oro award.


First production of Nebbiolo grappa


The Vignone Greco Baraggiole vineyard is planted.


Opening of the tasting hall inside the Ricetto.


Construction of the Valdenrico vineyard.


Purchase of our Gai bottling machine and a New Holland tractor.


Construction of the 3.5 hectare vineyard of Vespolina Ronco al Maso.


Vinification of the first Spumante Metodo Classico.


Vinification of the first Spumante Metodo Classico.


Vinification of native vines.


Our first harvest.